Sunday, August 26, 2018

Every Journey Begins With A Single Step


"And awaaay we go!" That was Jackie Gleason shtick from when I was a kid.  It was the first thing that came to my mind when I sat down to write something here.

This is my first ever blog.  By definition a blog is "a regularly updated website or web page, typically run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style."

I chose the title "Morningsider" after the Morningside neighborhood in the east end of Pittsburgh where I grew up.  I spent my first year in the Lawrenceville section of Pittsburgh, but my parents moved up river and up the hill to Morningside when I was still a baby.  I lived there for the next 24 years.  The background photo for my blog is a recent aerial shot I took with my drone (a topic for a future blog no doubt).

I have no idea where this is going but it is something I've thought about for a few years.  "Every journey begins with a single step" is an ancient Chinese proverb.  It struck me as an appropriate title for my first step into BLOGSPACE.

We'll see if anything I have to say is of interest to anyone but me.  I guess that will be my challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Durham Burghs

When Jeff Capel came to Pittsburgh this past March to take the reins of the Pitt basketball program that had fallen fast from a lofty perch...